a bittorrent client
transmission-gtk -? transmission-gtk [-pqm] [torrent-file ...]
transmission-gtk is a fast and easy BitTorrent client.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file transfer protocol which uses a metainfo file (usually with the .torrent file extension) and a central tracker to distribute file data amongst a group of peers. For more information on the BitTorrent protocol see http://www.bittorrent.org/
- -? --help Show help options
- -p --paused Start with all torrents paused
- -m --minimized Start minimized in notification area
- -g, --config-dir directory Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See https://github.com/transmission/transmission/wiki/Configuration-Files for more information.
Multiple .torrent files may be added at startup by appending them on the command line. If transmission-gtk is already running, the torrents will be added to the running instance.
- TRANSMISSION_HOME Sets the default config-dir.
- http_proxy libcurl uses this environment variable when performing tracker announces. If set, this overrides the GNOME proxy preferences.
- ~/.config/transmission The config-dir used when neither [TRANSMISSION_HOME] nor [-g] is specified.
-nosplit transmission-gtk was written by Jordan Lee , Josh Elsasser , Eric Petit , and Mitchell Livingston .