Move files or directories to the trash
- gvfs-trash [OPTION...][LOCATION...]
Note that moving files to the trash does not free up space on the file system until the "Trashcan" is emptied. If you are interested in deleting a file irreversibly, see gvfs-rm.
Inspecting and emptying the "Trashcan" is normally supported by graphical file managers such as nautilus, but you can also see the trash with the command gvfs-ls trash://.
The following options are understood:
- Prints a short help text and exits.
- Shows the version number and exits.
- Ignore nonexistent and non-deletable files.
- Empty the trash.
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise.
- Desktop Trash Can specification