Dots and Boxes game
[-aw ] [-n ngames ] [-p Ao c|h Ac Ao c|h Ac [xdim [ydim ] ] ]
is a game where each player tries to complete the most boxes. A turn consists of putting one border of a box; the player setting the fourth and final border of a box gets the point for the box and has another turn.
The keys used are the vi keys: k for up, j for down, h for left, and l for right. To switch between even and odd rows, use one of the following keys: u (diagonal right up) y (diagonal left up) b (diagonal left down) n (diagonal right down) Aq Ic space sets a new border, CTRL-L and CTRL-R redraw the screen, and q quits the game.
Support options are:
- Don't use the alternate character set.
- -n ngames
- ngames games will be played. (Especially useful in -p cc mode. )
- -p Ao c|h Ac Ao c|h Ac Select which of the two players is a human
- or a computer. The first argument is the first player; c stands for computer and h for human.
- Wait for a character press between games.
xdim and ydim define the size of the board in the x and y dimensions.
An Christos Zoulas Aq christos@NetBSD.org
Elwyn R. Berlekamp The Dots and Boxes Game: Sophisticated Child's Play 2000 http://www.akpeters.com/book.asp?bID=111