Firmware Download Utility
hp-firmware [DEVICE_URI|PRINTER_NAME] [MODE] [OPTIONS]
Download firmware to a device that requires downloaded firmware to function. (Note: Most printers do not require the use of this utility).
- To specify a device-URI:
- -d<device-uri> or --device=<device-uri>
- To specify a CUPS printer:
- -p<printer> or --printer=<printer>
- Run in interactive mode:
- -i or --interactive
- Run in non-interactive mode:
- -n or --non-interactive
- Set the logging level:
- -l<level> or --logging=<level> <level>: none, info*, error, warn, debug (*default)
- Run in debug mode:
- -g (same as option: -ldebug)
- This help information:
- -h or --help
- Use USB IDs to specify printer:
- -s bbb:ddd, where bbb is the USB bus ID and ddd is the USB device ID. The ':' and all leading zeroes must be present.
- Seconds to delay before download:
- -y<secs> or --delay=<secs> (float value, e.g. 0.5)
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team.
Copyright (c) 2001-15 HP Development Company, L.P.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.
HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux.