a free and open source web browser from Mozilla
>_ firefox [https://www.duckduckgo.com]
>_ firefox --new-window [https://www.duckduckgo.com]
>_ firefox --private-window
>_ firefox --search "[wikipedia]"
>_ firefox --safe-mode
>_ firefox --headless --screenshot [path/to/output_file.png] [https://example.com/]
>_ firefox --profile [path/to/directory] [https://example.com/]
>_ firefox --setDefaultBrowser
firefox [OPTIONS] [url]
See http://support.mozilla.com/ for help using the browser. This manpage only describes how to run it.
- -h, --help
- Prints the command line options.
- -g, --debug
- Starts firefox in a debugger.
- -d, --debugger
- Specify the debugger in which to start firefox. The default is gdb. Used in conjunction with -g.
- -a, --debugger-args
- Specify arguments to pass to the debugger. Used in conjunction with -g.
- Don't connect to any other running instances of firefox. Use this if you want to run firefox in an entirely new process. By default, firefox will delegate a command to an already running instance.
- Start the profilemanager. Use this to choose the profile you would like to run firefox with. You will need to also use -no-remote if there is already a running firefox instance.
- -P profile
- Start firefox with the profile named profile. Will start the profile manager if a valid profile name is not specified. You will need to also use -no-remote if there is already a running firefox instance.
- Start firefox in safe-mode. This disables all third-party extensions, and may be necessary if you are having problems with an extension you installed.
- -new-tab url
- Open url in a new tab.
- -new-window url
- Open url in a new window.
- -v, -version
- Print the current version of firefox.
- -UILocale locale
- Start firefox with the specified locale locale. Use this to override your environment
- Open the preferences dialog.
- Start firefox in private browsing mode
- Toggle private browsing mode
- Set firefox as the default web browser
- -search term
- Search for term with your default search engine
- Open the Error console. If firefox is not already running, this will open a new browser window too